AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE
WEBSITE / BLOG – www.anneconley.com
FACEBOOK – www.facebook.com/anneconleyauthor
Facebook (for friending)
TWITTER – @anneconley10
GOOGLE+ – https://plus.google.com/u/0/100235866752242897291/posts
PINTEREST – http://www.pinterest.com/anneconley/
Anne has written her entire life and has the boxes of angst-filled journals and poetry to prove it. She’s been writing for public consumption for the last four years. Currently she is writing two romance series. In Stories of Serendipity, she explores real people living real lives in small town Texas in a contemporary romance setting. In The Four Winds, she chronicles God’s four closest archangels, Uriel, Gabriel, Raphael, and Michael, falling in love and becoming human. She lives in rural East Texas with her husband and children in her own private oasis, where she prides herself in her complete lack of social skills, choosing instead to live with the people inside her head.
Q&A, Zoe Style:
- What is your writing process? Typically, I think about a story for months before I outline it. Then is sits for a while, so I can work on other things. Then I go in and write the rough draft, and let it sit. When I revise, I read through and make notes on my manuscript, then let it sit, then go back and fix the notes and things I see. I do this several times before sending it out to beta readers for their notes, then I do it again before sending it to my editor. A full-length novel typically takes me about 9 months to go from outline to completion, using this process. And I usually have about four projects going at once.
- What do you read for pleasure? Anything romance. I used to read a lot of horror/thriller/suspense, but now it’s all about the romance. <3
- What is the greatest joy of writing for you? Getting feedback from readers is the best. It never fails to put a smile on my face, whether it’s a review, or a Facebook message. I love hearing what readers think.
- Can you tell us a little about yourself? I’m thirty-nine years old, have been married for fifteen years, have two kids, and live in rural East Texas. I used to teach high school, until I realized I wasn’t cut out for that. At all. So I stayed home with the kids for a while, but that was incredibly boring, as they were in school all day. So my husband encouraged me to write for public consumption.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes down to sitting down and writing? Strengths: I’m a quick writer. I can pump out stories like a machine, but most of them aren’t really relevant, or commercial. Weaknesses: Facebook. When I’m writing, I take constant fb breaks, and waste a lot of time.
- Do you have any strange writing habits? Not really… Unless you consider early morning writing strange, some people do.
- What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process? Time management. I can market myself and sell books, or I can write. Apparently, I can’t do both.
- Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see much point? No point whatsoever. I make it up when I’m expecting the in-laws, but that’s about it.
- Where is one place you want to visit that you haven’t been before? Ireland
- Choose: Vampires, Werewolves, Demons or Zombies? Zombies
Bonus Question: How prepared are you for the Zombie Apocalypse I’ve ordered? On a scale of one to ten? Eight.
Books by Anne Conley (just click the pic!)
Thank you so much Anne for this opportunity! Happy writing!